What is nais?¶
A team centric application platform that provides devops teams with the tools they need: - A deployment service that makes it easy for a team to get an application out in the world - Insight into how the application behaves - Automatic setup of components that applications may need, such as a database or storage - A secure runtime environment that always ensures optimal resource utilization
What is nais as a service?¶
- A turnkey nais environment available to public agencies
- Maintained and updated by an experienced team
- Runs in the agency's own cloud environment
- Independent of NAV and nais, so the agency can easily take ownership.
Why nais as a service?¶
- An application platform gives developers more time to develop applications
- It takes a lot of time, resources and specialized expertise to create a well-functioning application platform
- NAV has invested a lot in the nais platform.
- Since the nais platform is agency-agnostic, it can be used by others
- NAV can not, and will not make any money by offering nais to others, so the agency's costs are only its own consumption.
- From a socio-economic perspective, it makes sense to give agencies without the necessary resources and expertise access to an existing and well-functioning platform.
How is the nais platform isolated from the rest of the agency's cloud environment?¶
- A separate folder for all nais resources in the agency's organization
- The nais team only has access to this folder.
Head over to the architecture overview for more details.
Can one agency affect another agency's infrastructure?¶
Organizations are completely separated entities the cloud environment. Each nais cluster runs in separate projects within the agency's organization. And each project can be considered as a distinct data center. Although the nais team is able to centrally maintain all clusters for all agencies, it is not possible for any agency to affect another agency via the nais platform. See the nais control plane documentation for details.
Created: November 29, 2023